Mental Health Support
Lots of young people experience difficulties with their mental health during their time at secondary school. It's important that students understand that there is support available, and that accessing support is not a sign of weakness, but rather of strength.
On this page, there are details of a range of services that can be accessed by students and/or their families.
A student's Pastoral Manager will also be able to offer advice about any support we can offer in-school.
- Kooth is a digital counselling support service that provides anonymous, confidential and free support for young people in Leicestershire.
- ChildLine is a private and confidential service for young people up to the age of 19. They can be contacted by phone on 0800 1111, or online here.
- YoungMinds is a charity committed to helping young people and their families with their mental health. They can be texted free of charge on 85258, and you can find out more online here.
- Chat Health is a confidential texting service that lets young people contact their local public health team for health advice. The Leicestershire team can be texted on 07520 615387.
- MindEd is a free educational resource for young people and their parents/carers.
- The Samaritans are a charity offering free, confidential support to people of all ages at all times of the day. They can be called free on 116 123. Alternatively, they can be messaged online, emailed, or even written to by post. All the information you need can be found here.
- Waking Up is an app that introduces you to meditation and mindfulness, helping students to master their own emotions. Find out more about it here.
- Headspace is a personal meditation app that offers guides on health and happiness. Find out more here.
- Early Help brings together a range of services to support children and their families who need additional help. Families can self-refer online here. You can also call their advice line on 0116 305 8727. The pastoral team can offer advice and guidance on completing the form if you need any help.