Year 10 Work Experience, June 2022
YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE WEEK, MONDAY 13th – FRIDAY 17th JUNE 2022
We are writing to inform you of the forthcoming opportunity for our current Year 10 cohort to undertake a block of one week’s work experience during June 2022.
Leicestershire Education Business Company (LEBC) are supporting us with co-delivering the programme this year.
There will be 2 distinct routes to work experience week: -
Firstly, if a student would like to be allocated a work experience placement then they will complete LEBC's online form (please read the Online Application Guide below). Students will be able to indicate areas of interest on the form and LEBC will endeavour to find students suitable placements. Parents/carers will also need to complete and return the LEBC Data Agreement Consent Form - LEBC will not start to search for placements until this has been returned. In order to complete the online form students will require a user name and password. These can be obtained directly from students' form tutors or from Alison Cant:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cost for LEBC to secure a placement for your child is £28 (LEBC charge Lutterworth College £58 for this service, however we will be contributing £30 towards this fee.) (Parent Pay item ‘LEBC placement’)
- Secondly, as an alternative, students can arrange their own placement, which is referred to as a self-placement. Self-placements will be handled by Lutterworth College and NOT LEBC. Students will therefore complete the self-placement form below issued by Lutterworth College and email or bring a hard copy back to tutors or Alison Cant. Employers taking on students for self-placements will need to send copies of Employer's & Public Liability insurances as well as a copy of a relevant Risk Assessment. Self-placements will incur an administrative fee of £10. (Parent Pay item ‘LC Self-placement’)
We strongly believe that work placements are an excellent opportunity for students to experience a taste of the working world and focus on the skills needed to thrive in the workplace. It is also extremely beneficial for their communication and social skills and we would encourage every student to participate. Please note that work experience will only go ahead if it is deemed safe to do so at the time.
Forms should be completed with parental guidance before being submitted and we ask that you ensure all information entered is correct, especially with regards to areas students can travel to for placements, or sectors of interest.
Once a placement has been allocated by LEBC it cannot be changed without additional charges being incurred, so please select very carefully.
LEBC applications should be completed no later than Friday 29th October 2021 at the latest. Payment via Parent Pay is also required by this date please.
We would ask that Lutterworth College Self-Placement forms are completed no later than Friday 17th December please. Payment via Parent Pay is also required by this date please.
Later this academic year students in Year 10 will have careers-related lessons in PSHE and will be looking at topics including CV's and employability skills.
Thank you for your support. For any further information or queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Mrs Alison Cant, Careers Advisor
Mrs Michelle Hadley, Deputy Headteacher & Careers Leader
APPLICATION FORMS & VIDEOS ETC. - PLEASE CLICK ON THE BUTTONS BELOW
Complete the steps below to apply:-
- Watch the LEBC 'Work Experience Launch Video'
- Watch LEBC's narrated 'Work Experience 20/21 Presentation'
- Read the 'Student Guide to Work Experience' to help decide which sectors you might be interested in gaining work experience.
- Read LEBC's 'Guide to Making an Online Application' before applying.
- Complete 'LEBC's Online Application Form' - students who wish to go down this route should click on this link and input their username and password. They will then be prompted to change their password to a more memorable one. Once done, they can work through the tabs on the application such as medical information, a bio about themselves (hobbies, interests, etc) and most importantly they will need to complete their travel areas and career choice / work experience options. Once done, they need to click SAVE.
- Complete LEBC's 'Data Consent Form'. If you would like LEBC to allocate a placement to your child then this should be printed off, completed, signed and returned to Alison Cant as soon as possible, It can either be scanned in and emailed or alternatively handed in to your child's form tutor or directly to Mrs Cant. Please remember that LEBC will not start to search for placements until this has been returned.
And finally, please find below the Lutterworth College Self-Placement Form if you would like to find your own placement and work with perhaps a family member or friend:-